Thursday, December 7, 2006

"A Beatles Die-Hard Fan" - to Ka Uro & Lisa

Are you? Well, i am for one! They came to town during my college days at SLU in Baguio City, Philippines. Nope, they performed at the Rizal Memorial Stadium in Manila for a limited engagement. We drove (yes Lisa, borrowed my father's '62 VW Kombi back then) all the way down from Baguio to watch their 4 PM afternoon show on July 4 ,1966. The first half of the show was started by an all filipino ensemble Ms. Pilita Corrales, the Reycard Duets to name a few. Second half of the show was all about the Mop Topped band performing their 'Hard Day's Night' collection of songs including " I Want TO Hold Your Hand", "Love Me Do", "Yesterday", All My Loving", "Can't Buy Me Love", "From Me To You", "And I Love Her", "Ticket To Ride" etc.. How many people saw the show that afternoon let me say 20,000 to 25,000 by my estimate. Next performance for them was at 8:30 PM and by that time we were on our way back to Baguio. Aaaah NOSTALGIA!


No comments:

Google AdSense